Friday, May 14, 2010

The City Pool










I still have the folly of wanting to compete in some kind of triathlon. So, I have been running and biking, and swimming....just to keep in practice. SO this morning I went swimming in the Richfield City Pool. I need to give some props here cuz the Richfield Pool is the cleanest city pool I have ever seen. When i would swim at Orem Rec you could count to double digits the bandaids on the bottom of the pool. Ok, Back tot he story,...SO i arrived at the pool at 6:30AM...got changed and plopped my big butt into the water. The Richfield City Pool is set up with a single lane on the far right side of the pool and the rest of the pool just open. There was a gentleman in the "lap" lane, so I just swamp next to the lap lane in the open area of the pool. Everything was great till 7:01AM when i noticed a couple of "mature" ladies approaching where i was swimming.




When i reached the edge and stood up to take a breath.....one of the dear sweet old ladies said..........and I quote "Swimmer..Swimmer....its walker time.....you have to leave or go in the lap lane." I just nodded my head and said "ok." It kinda made me mad. There is a WHOLE FLIPPIN' POOL that they could be WALKING in. SO these ladies WERENT even walking. They both were sitting on those noodle things with their pink swim caps with vinyl flowers just talking and bobbing around the pool like a cork on a fishing line. I reluctantly climbed out of the pool pouting from the old ladies remarks........ I wanted to yell...You can sit in your bathtubs and talk on the phone...let people REALLY exercising swim here....but Oh well.




Lessons Learned:




1 Be out of the pool by 7AM when the Walkers Arrive


2 Buy stock in pink swim caps with vinyl flowers

3 comments:

  1. Oh good lordy, that was hilarious. Thanks for the hearty laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC! nothing like a hot cup of jo and a deep belly laughter to start you day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have won an award. Come on over and check it out.

    ReplyDelete